Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A treasure trove of conversations..

Did you, like me, see the CBS news today ? (or yesterday's broadcast, I don't know for sure as I only watch on the computer, I don't have a TV).. The former president of Capitol records (the "round building" down LA way) took all his conversations with all the big artists Capitol/EMI signed, and other labels also, and donated them, to the library of congress.. Now, I don't know how long it's gonna take them to digitize the entire batch.. clearly at least 1000 hours for every 1000 hours of conversation, unless they dub at "high speed".. (I think for speech, you can get away with 4X (7 1/2 IPS), and then just digitally slow it down by 4X.. But even so, It'll take for EVER.. and I want to hear the Paul McCartney interview NOW.. (stamping my foot here, like a chick, or spoilt fat kid ! ;-)

No comments: